Saturday, October 6, 2012

The Third is NOT Always the Charm..

This week went awry very quickly. I guess the third week is not the charm.. I was quite disappointed in myself for not continuing my disciplined ways, but what can I say, I'm not the best example for consistency.

Despite my laziness, I did realize two positive things:
  1. Doing most (hopefully) all of your prep work for ingredients (mainly for dinners) and preparing/package "to-go" meals (mainly for that week's breakfast item) over the weekend is ABSOLUTELY IMPERATIVE to success.
  2. Even though a few of my fresh ingredients have gone bad, I still have many of the ingredients I will need to "recycle" the meals I did not use this week for next week's menu.

Anyway, here is my receipt from Sunday's shopping trip and my menu for this past week:






Sat.
9/29
Sun.
9/30
Mon.
10/1
Tues.
10/2
Wed.
10/3
Thurs. 10/4
Fri.
10/5
B
Eggs & Breakfast Potatoes
French Toast with Bacon
Muffin Melts, piece of fruit, & yogurt
Muffin Melts, piece of fruit, & yogurt
Muffin Melts, piece of fruit, & yogurt
Muffin Melts, piece of fruit, & yogurt
Muffin Melts, piece of fruit, & yogurt
L
Leftovers:  Beef & Black Bean Burritos with Mex Rice
Out to Eat: Uptown Grocery
 (4 meals
= >$30)
Leftovers: White Chicken Cheese Lasagna
Leftovers: Crockpot Chicken & Noodles
Leftovers: White Chicken Cheese Lasagna
Leftovers: Dixie Pork Chops with Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Out to Lunch with Work Friends (>$10)
D
Out to Eat & Concert (>$50)
White Chicken Cheese Lasagna
Crockpot Chicken & Noodles
Weekly Dinner with Friends (>$10)
Dixie Pork Chops with Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Asian Beef with Veggies & Brown Rice
Empty Wallet Casserole




So, you are probably thinking, "okay, so she wasn't as crazy this week as she normally is.. so what did she do all week?" Well, I will admit that this week was rough at work and school, which reflected (too much) stress on my home life. Thus, I usually came home and plopped my butt on the couch and cruised Netflix till I fell asleep. (Wow, I'm spoiled!)

However, this week started off on a really fun note! Paul and I took his niece, Rachel, and one of his nephews, Jacob, to our favorite grocery store on Sunday. We had an awesome lunch there and looked around the store for an hour or so.

Jacob finally got it! EGGPLANT!
The kids, Paul, and I had a blast, especially in the produce section. Uptown carries a huge variety of produce, including some pretty exotic stuff. Out of nowhere, we started grabbing whatever weird fruits and veggies, and then tried to get the others to guess what we picked out. It was pretty random, but it was super fun!

While we were there, we noticed that the store offers a cooking class for kids in a couple of weeks. Stay tuned for another foodie fun post!

No comments:

Post a Comment