Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Seasoned Writer, Cheesey Goodness

After looking around on The Journal Record's blog hub, I couldn't really find anything that pertained to my topic. However, I did stumble upon the PR blog of Russ Florence, the president and COO of Schnake Turnbo Frank PR. Seeing as Public Relations is my major, I found the subject matter pretty intriguing, but Florence's style was what impressed me most.

He almost always fish hooks the reader's attention with a personal tid bit of commentary right at the beginning of the article. In his "Come on, get happy: The branding project" post, he takes the reader through a worm hole right into his kitchen where his wife and he are having a pretty personal conversation about what happiness really is.. Now, this doesn't really have anything to do with the topic of the post, but it gets the reader interested and engaged into what Florence has to say.


I think this is a great blogger to learn from just on basic writing style. Right off the bat, I could tell he is a seasoned writer. (Cheesey, yes, but I had to get my 'foodie' theme out some how!) He knows exactly how to attract his particular audience and keep there attention. Florence is definitely one to watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment