Tuesday, September 4, 2012

FYI

So, you're following me now, huh? And you are probably thinking, "Okay, I am following this person I've never seen in my life because Dr. Clark told me to" or "I'm just at this blog because she shared a link on her Facebook."

Weird, I know, but maybe if you knew more about me, it wouldn't be so weird. Or, maybe it will get weirder.. Oh well, here goes!

FACTS
  • Name: Sharon Burgess
  • Age: 21
  • Zodiac: Sagittarius (restless, cheerful, friendly, quick tempered, strong need to escape)
  • Chinese Zodiac: Horse (active, quick-witted, born to travel, lacking confidence, impatient)
  • Occupation: Full-time Public Relations major at the University of Central Oklahoma AND a full-time Accounts Payable clerk for a local car dealership
  • Status: Happily taken :)
  • Birthplace: Oklahoma City
  • Siblings: I am the only child between my parents, but I have a 13-year-old paternal half sister and a 22-year-old maternal step sister.
  • Pets: a three year old Shih Tzu Poodle (leaving space here for the jokes.. it is pretty funny, I must say) named Samson; I have also co-owned three cats at one point in a 750 sqft apartment.. I only said that to say that I am fully aware that I may end up as an old cat lady.. and I'm actually okay with that!
FAVORITES
  • Who makes me laugh: 
    •  Louis CK (I go, 'Here, honey, have a fig newton.' She goes, 'They're not called fig newtons. They're called pig newtons.' And I go, 'No they're not. They're called fig newtons.' And right away in my head I'm like, 'What are you doing? Why? What is to be gained? What do you care?!)
    • Mitch Hedberg (I went to the store, bought eight apples. The clerk said, 'Do you want me to put them in a bag?' I said, 'No, man, I juggle. But I can only juggle eight. If I’m ever here buying nine apples, bag ‘em up!)
    • Kevin Hart (Let say you go buy some juice, and she with you while you buy the juice. You go outside and open up the juice. She asks for a sip of your juice. Bet money you lose your mind over that sip of juice. Bet money you snap. As soon as you get outside, 'Um, didn't you just see me buy the juice when I was inside? So you wanted some juice? Why didn't you ask for some juice? Now you want to take a sip of my juice, (screw) around and take a double sip. I'm left with a little-ass sip, because your over-thirsty ass want to take a double sip. No, get your own juice.)
  • What's on my bookshelf: I really enjoy reading classics and psychologically stimulating books. Somethings on my bookshelf are Perks of Being a Wallflower, Me Talk Pretty One Day, Fahrenheit 451, Fight Club.. too many to name! Some favorite authors of mine are JK Rowling, Ayn Rand, Joan Didion, Chuck Palahniuk, David Sedaris.. again, too many to name!
  • What's on my iPod/iPhone: Say Anything, The Decemberists, Manchester Orchestra, Brand New, Foxy Shazam, A Day to Remember, Four Year Strong, Kishi Bashi, Mumford & Sons, She & Him, Silversun Pickups, The Spill Canvas, Sublime with Rome, You Me & Everyone We Know... These are just some of my all time favorites.

  • What I've watched recently: The Big Lebowski, The Bourne Identity, Sons of Anarchy, Weeds, Breaking Bad, Always Sunny in Philidephia.. I am a Netflix addict, particularly any and every TV show on there.
MISC
  • Skills: novice money manager, intermediate cook, multitasking extraordinaire, and a pretty good listener
  • Bad Habits: sleeping too much and always late (regardless of how hard I try not to be)
  • Places I Have Been: Stateside = Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Kansas, Nebraska, Missouri, Georgia, Tennessee, Florida, New Mexico, Arizona, California; Outside the US = England, France, Belgium, the Netherlands (Spring Break 2010 Study Tour)
  • Politics: I hate it all really, but I tend to lean toward more liberal views.. I am Pro Choice and Pro LGBT rights (also known as HUMAN rights)
  • Religion: I have recently discovered that I am an atheist, and I enjoy learning more about how my ways of thinking correspond with atheist views
GOALS
  • For my career: Hi, my name is Sharon, and I am an NPR addict. My ULTIMATE DREAM JOB would be to work for NPR's public relations department! Also, the BBC would be great, too!!

  • For this blog: Food has always played a big role in my life: cooking and eating with family, exploring new cuisines with friends, and, well, it is necessary for life. I love food, anything from a plain (but, delicious!) In-N-Out cheeseburger to a fancy plate of Ratatouille. However, as a fully independent college student, I often don't find myself with the time or money to treat myself to such things. Hopefully, this blog will help me document my attempt at extravagant eating on a budget. So, stay tuned!

1 comment: