Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Measuring Up

Based on our class discussion of our blogs, I feel that I need to post more in general, but also make those posts more interesting and geared toward the purpose of my blog: eating (mostly) healthy on a college budget. Well, any budget really.. With the current economic status, almost all of us are trying to eat things that are good for us, that taste good, and that doesn't cost a fortune. Is that really possible? From the looks of this crazy coupon lady.. it is!

Seeing as there is hardly anything consistent in my life, I am trying very hard to post on my blog regularly, at least two to four posts a week. Also, I am attempting to make each post tieback to my overall 'foodie' theme. So for this post, go check out one of my favorite websites, foodgawker.


I honestly spent at least a couple hours working on the overall typography design of my blog, and I think so far so good. Dr. Clark did mention reverting to solid black text on my main posts to increase readability, and I think it looks much better now that I have changed it. What do you think? Comments? Criticism? Helpful hints? Come on, let me have it! (you know you want to!)


I have also spent quite a bit of time working on my layout design, ensuring that it is interesting and appealling, but not overpowering and cluttered. Even though my house may tell a different story, I tend to thrive in simple, clean environments, so I think my blog should reflect that as well. No hoarding around here!

Since I am fairly new to the Blogger platform, I am having a hard time finding myself satisfied with the overall appearance of my blog. I do think I am still low on the 'wow factor' scale, but as I learn the new platform, I am sure I will be able to rasie the bar.

Speaking of bar, McNellie's in Midtown is my favorite. They have an AMAZING selection of beers (my favorite on the right), friendly staff, cool laid back atmosphere, and of course, some of the best pub grub around! It's not on the low end of the cash scale, but it definitely isn't the most expensive either. At McNellie's, you are sure to get what you pay for.

No comments:

Post a Comment